Friday, April 27, 2007

Last Place Yankees and Cubbies.

One of the reason I write this blog is so I can look back on old entries and remember what I was doing, thinking, complaining about on a given day. Today is one of those entries that really is all about bookmarking a day in my life.

This is a baseball bookmark. Two of the teams that spent a ton of money to build the best possible team are both in last place in their divisions. Ha! Ha! Sure, the Yankees and the Cubs will most likely be in the playoffs at the end of the season (unlike my White Sox), so I am enjoying today. Both teams have spent so much money, the Yankees being the winner in the race... yet they are not winning games. The Cubs always fall back on the "curse"... sure, the curse of Wrigley Field. Since the Cubs started playing in Wrigley Field they have never won the World Series. And the Yankees have the curse of A-Rod since they have not won a World Series since bringing him to the team. Too funny.

There is an old baseball saying: "Good pitching will always beat good hitting." That is very true. The White Sox won the 2005 World Series on pitching alone. These are the days I really love baseball since anything can happen. It's a long long season and no team is out of it by the end of April.