Monday, October 15, 2007

Pro Football.

I never really got into professional football. Not really sure why. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area during the heyday of the 49ers, and that really did not spark my interest. I'm not your typical dude, so when it comes to watching / following sports baseball is enough for me. I like baseball people.

When I moved to Chicago I quickly realized that everyone here follows the Bears. LP and I were at the opera last year during the playoffs and people (not just the men) were checking the score on their phones. I know saying "everyone" in Chicago follows the Bears is a big generalization... but it is pretty true - especially when they are good (unlike this piss poor season).

What I never learned is how to be a super dude and watch pro football like a man. I realized this yesterday while watching the Bears game. I watched the game by myself (not with the dudes / bros). I had iced tea (not beer). I was watching on my old tube 20" television (not some 50" plasma flat screen blah blah blah). The volume was off (not hooked up to the stereo). I had the stereo on... I was listening to The Clientele, Neil Halstead, Cowboy Junkies (not AC/DC, Aerosmith, Van Halen). The game went down to the final seconds and I was asleep (not yelling and screaming that they lost).

You know, I like my way of watching pro football better.