Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A Boorish Food.

I appreciate food. Good food. Fine food. And I enjoy cooking... although I can go on long periods without cooking something exciting and new (I have a grip of regular dishes). I am not a foodie, but I completely understand the way of the foodie - and if I had the budget I would follow those ways.

I do have one dish that would fit in the anti-foodie realm (here is where LP is saying "One, just one?"). This dish, which I could eat daily (but I don't), would easily get my wanna-be-foodie card taken away.

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese ala Niner. It is a box of Mac & Cheese (must be Kraft, and the directions on the box must followed - I prefer nonfat milk) and some added spices (I suggest Morton & Bassett SF spices). After the box of chemicals and macaroni are cooked I add:
1 tbsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper

The only problems with this dish:
1. One box is too much for me to eat... I don't need it - but I could eat the whole box.
2. LP thinks it is disgusting and will not eat it.
3. Kraft Mac & Cheese is never good the next day, and I like leftovers.