Friday, October 26, 2007

Halloween Movies.

Yesterday on the way home I stopped at the big corporate chain video rental store to pick up some movies for the weekend. I wanted to rent some movies for a Halloween get together this weekend. Since I am not a big scary /horror movie fan (I'm a scardy-cat) I planned to get some movies that were not too scary (Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow), or just slasher movies that are more funny than scary (Ronny Yu's Freddy vs. Jason). Everything was rented. Everything, even Hocus Pocus, Casper, and Practical Magic. You name it, it was rented. And since not every Halloween-ish movie is in the horror section (some are in drama, some are in action /adventure) I had to start trying to remember good movies to look for. They were all out... except for these that I rented:

The Lost Boys [This 1987 is a classic! In my book, the best Vampire movie of all time. And as an added bonus it has both Coreys in it.]
Leprechaun [1993's terrible low budget classic that captures Jennifer Aniston's film debut. She must be proud.]
Addams Family Values [Yes, even the original Addams Family movie was rented.]
Jesus Camp [I've been trying to rent this documentary forever but it is always out. I've heard such great things about it. This just might be the scariest out of the bunch.]

Now don't even think about telling me that I would not have these "all rented" problems if I did something like Netflix. As you already know, I watch way too much television. I do not need movies coming in the mail all the time... another reason to sit on my ass. I rarely rent movies, and I like it that way. So what are some of your favorite Halloween movies?