Friday, January 05, 2007

Terence Trent d'oh!

This one goes out to The Gancer for his post yesterday... and a Happy 30th!

People who know me well know I get almost all lyrics to songs wrong. I even sing "Jingle Bells" wrong... you mean it's not "In A One Horse Soap And Sleigh?" Yesterday when I got home I started cooking in the kitchen and put on some tunes. The first choice was "The Tom Moulton Mix, Vol. 1" - and even though this is a fantastic disco collection, I could not sing along. So on came Terence Trent d'Arby's fine (but a little dated) "Introducing the Hardline According to Terence Trent d'Arby" album. Now I know the words to this one. "Wishing Well" came on... I'm singing... I'm cooking... I'm thinking what I always think when I hear this song - I can't believe they did not edit this song on the radio. You know the part where he sings... "A wishing well, a crock of dogshit." So I looked at the lyrics clearly printed on the sleeve (knowing I'm usually wrong). Really? It's "... of crocodile tears?" Doh!