Wednesday, January 31, 2007

iSuck.

I am not a fan of Apple Computers (now just Apple, or Apple Inc, or something like that since they don't just make computers... they make a lifestyle... so does that include condoms?). I am not a flag-waiving PC fan either, I just use what best suits my needs. But it seems like people who are into Apple are way into Apple. They drink the Kool-Aid. They get the Apple tattoos. Sad.

I have a Mac at work because I need it for graphics. The battery lasts about 45 minutes tops. Gee that's great. And my iPod holds a charge for about 30-45 minutes as well. Lovely. The best part (sarcasm implied) is in the winter on my walks to work when it is around or below 15-20 degrees my iPod loses it... it freezes up, it shuts down, it stays on the same song over and over - and on a good cold day it will keep a fully charged battery for about 15 minutes. So that makes the second half of my walk music free. Boooo. And you can tell me that in the cold weather electronics don't work right... but my smartphone works fine (no problems at all).

I agree that Apple make some cool looking products, and on some levels seems to be a step ahead of the game. But I cannot wait for next winter in Chicago when all those people have the new iPhone and none of them work right. I'm not saying don't buy Apple... I'm saying don't buy things based on the fact that everyone else has one and they come in a cool box... and please don't drink the Cupertino Kool-Aid.