Monday, January 29, 2007

So Many Lines.

This past weekend I watched the 1996 movie Jerry Maguire... for the first time. It was on the television Sunday morning so I watched it (commercials and all). It's just one of the movies that I had never seen (probably because Tom Cruise annoys the hell out of me). And since I truly believed that I was the last person on the earth not to have seen it - I watched it.

There are so many famous (or just over-used?) lines in the movie. I could not believe it. I knew about the "Show me the money," but I did not know that "You complete me," and "Help me help you" came from this movie. Crazy. My entire world view has changed (not really) and I understand (or get the joke*) more... just because I watched Jerry Maguire.

All in all it was an average movie that I'll probably never watch again, but at least I can say I've seen it.
*Note: Austin Powers is more funny now.