Wednesday, July 11, 2007

FredSox Frustration.

Yes, I am playing softball again this summer but there is a reason I do not write about it as much as I did last summer... we never seem to play. Really. Our season started on May 15 (eight weeks ago) and we have only played three games... of which I have only been at one. One!

We changed the team name to FredSox (from Indy Team 7) this year, and we also changed the day we play to Tuesday evenings. Most of our team thought Tuesdays were a better option and instead of complaining (since I really liked playing on Saturdays) I went with the flow. I'd rather play a few games instead of no games. There seems to be a majority of the team that works in the Loop... which is closed to Grant Park (where we play) - so it makes sense. I play softball for fun... it gets me outside and a chance to meet new people. I usually don't play on the field where I want, but since everyone wants to play the infield I get to learn to play the outfield. It's fine... it's a new challenge for me.

But it just seems like Tuesdays are cursed. Looks like we'll be playing into September... and we are supposed to be done by now and starting the playoffs.

May 15: opening night, we have a bye.
May 22: cancelled, due to tents on the field for some festival.
I skipped a White Sox game for this... and then the softball game was cancelled a couple hours before the game started. So I missed out on softball and the White Sox game. Grrrr.
May 29: loss, our first game and I was on my Memphis trip.
June 5: cancelled, due to rain.
I skipped another White Sox game for this... and the softball game was cancelled a couple hours before the game started. It had stopped raining, but the fields were too soaked to play on. So again, I missed out on softball and the White Sox game. Grrrr.
June 12: win, the only game I've played and I did well.
June 19: win, I went to the White Sox game instead.
June 26: cancelled, due to rain.
July 3: no game, Taste of Chicago was going on which uses our field.
July 10: cancelled, due to rain.
Yesterday was sunny all day... and then a 5pm thunderstorms came and washed out our 7:30pm game. Grrrr.

Our jerseys.