Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Quarterlife.

Last night LP and I sat on the couch and watched the first episode of Quartlife we had recorded. Bravo ran a "Marathon" a couple weekends ago and I was curious about the show. Calling six episodes back to back is pushing the definition of marathan, don't you think? A full weekend of Law & Order, Sanford & Son or The Fresh Prince - now that's a marathon!

I know this show started on the internet (thank you Al Gore), but I never paid any attention to it. I don't Facebook or MySpace, so why would I be watching some homemade internet show about twenty-somethings? From what I recall Quarterlife aired on NBC once, maybe twice, during the writers' strike and then a week later Bravo was having this six episode marathon. So I take it this show got the axe... right? I am sure I could search on the www to find my answer, but I have better things to do with my time (like look for a new job).

One episode down, and highly unlikely to view the next five. What a terrible show. The main character needs a good ass kicking. She does a blog (mostly video posts) where she tells/shows the world all of her roommates secrets (saying one roommate is an alcoholic and showing video of her so everyone in her acting class thinks she a boozer) and goes off with her own opinions on her friends lives. Sure, all bloggers write about what we think of others - but this girl posts video of them and humiliates them in a public forum. There is no attempt to keep anyone anonymous. And then at the end of the show they all seem to forgive her, and even thank her. Hello? Really? I'm not buying it.

Does any like this show? Guess not.