Friday, March 21, 2008

Not Carrie, Not Here.

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw was in Chicago for a few days... and boy, my liver hurts. We actually had a blast, and it was perfect timing since I could take a day off work, and Cherry was on Spring Break. But often when people come to town, some times Cherry and I (mostly Cherry) take on the role of camp fun-director and make sure our visitor has a down right hoot of a time. Things I did with Not Carrie (no I was not part of the 4am outing on Sunday night)...

1. Went to Hot Doug's to get Chicago's best hot dog.
2. Went to the Art Institute to see a super boring Winslow Homer exhibit (so many painting of boats), and a pretty alright Edward Hopper exhibit.
3. Watched "What About Bob?" late one night for no apparent reason. And laughed.
4. Drank... Village Tap, Danny's (with the Liars), the Riverview.
5. Had Chili Mac at Harmony Grill. And burgers at the Riverview with K.i.D.
6. Went to breakfast at the Over Easy Cafe. My current favorite breakfast in Chicago. Yum!

So really... Lots of eating. Lots of drinking. But lots of walking and tons of fun.

Cherry & Not Carrie... happy because their tummies are filled with Hot Doug's.