Monday, January 07, 2008

Niner... so Cliché.

It's a new year, and with a new year for some comes resolutions on how to better ourselves.  Each year I come up with a few, and I must say I usually remember them through the year, and often succeed.  But I also keep them simple, and never pick the obvious goals that everyone else seems to pick.  A great example was for 2006 my goal was not to make fun of an office-mate's tattoo... it looks like an Insane Clown Posse logo, which it is not.  I passed with flying colors, and actually carried it though most of 2007 as well.

This year I cannot say that I kept my goal original.  I jumped on the biggest New Year bandwagon.  One day last week after work I joined a gym.  I have never even been to a gym.  I hate gyms, and the people who are obsessed in working out in gyms.  But since my goal of 2008 is to get healthy, and in Chicago the winters can be pretty miserable outside, I saw little choice.  Which did I pick?  Crunch... Gold's... Ballys... 24 Hour Fitness? Nope.  The YMCA.  For a few simple reasons the YMCA was an easy pick.

1. Close to my house and work.
2. They have a pool.
3. No sign up fee.
4. It's month to month, so there is no contract.

I must also fill in the fact that I have yet to go.  Yep, not even been once.  I was hoping LP could go with me to show me how to use the machines, I really have no clue in a gym... since I've never been, but LP has not been able to.  Today I am going to call and see if I can get some help.  I will make this work.  Hope you succeed at your resolutions too.