Thursday, January 10, 2008

Calendar Day.

One of my favorite movies of all time (yes, it's a romantic comedy) is a little film called If Lucky Fell.  This Eric Schaeffer movie was released in 1996 and included Sarah Jessica Parker, Ben Stiller, and Elle MacPherson in the cast.  It's has a charming, yet awkward, story line - and mostly reminds me of the good times living in NYC.

The movie's opening scene starts with roommates Lucy & Joe realizing it's calendar day.  On one of the walls in their apartment they have painted a huge calendar that has each day checked off.  So calendar day comes each first of the month where the old calendar needs to be covered over with white paint and new black day/week boxes need to be outlined.  I won't go into the fact that at the end of the month they have newly painted they are planning to kill themselves by jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge if they have not found true love (OK, maybe I just did).

This is something I've always wanted to do in my house (the calendar, not the killing myself).  Sure maybe it's a bit juvenile, but it might also add some fun.  My guess is LP would never be into it.