Monday, January 14, 2008

Danbury Mint.

Every Sunday I look forward to the Sunday newspaper.  Some days there is way too much to read in one day... and some days there seems to only be a couple articles worth giving an overview.  I always start with the sports section since in Chicago there is something about baseball each week even in the off-season.  Whether it's a day long reading session with a couple pots of coffee, or a straight to the recycling but with plenty of coffee anyway, there is always the coupon sections.  Each week the coupon section has something from the Danbury Mint that would make anyone under the age of 50 want to barf.

This past Sunday had to be the utmost worst offering Danbury has ever published (see photo).  For $32 (+ shipping) you can own for yourself an ugly ass painting of a poodle on a collector's (who the hell is collecting these?) plate.  Yes, it is ugly.  Scary, a bit.  Completely wrong, very.  But the Danbury Mint goes one step further by adding the inscription...

You look at me with eyes of love;
You never hold a grudge...
You think I'm far too wonderful
To criticize or judge

I'm choking on my own barf.  Who the hell buys this crap?  I know the obvious answer is old ladies.  Sure, but does anyone else?  The Poodle Association of America should sue.  How can one sleep at night if this was in their house?  Make it stop!