Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My Little Black Book... Update.

I know you are all dying to find out the results of my month long drink count... and if you have no clue what I am talking about you can always read this post.

This was a pain in the ass and I recommend it to anyone. Really. It is hard to keep track of what you drink... but worth the end result (if you are curious about what you consume). I found myself getting out of bed a couple times just to get my bag and pull out my little black book to write down the glass of water I had before bed. And since some people seemed to think it was important include Juices and Coffee... I did. See, I listen to my loyal readers.

Alcohol: 2.0 per day
Pop: 1.2 per day
Water: 5.9 per day
Coffee: 1.3 per day
Juice: 0.8 per day

The number are 99% accurate (maybe 95%)... or something like that. I spaced a couple times and had to guestimate what I did they day before. But for the most part I did a good job of keeping track. I did not go a single day without water consumption. I did how ever go a few days without pop, juice, and coffee. Also, I went thirteen days without alcohol.

So what did I learn? I learned that I drink more water than I thought (good), and I was actually suprised that I don't drink more alcohol than I do. I was worried it was going to be like 6.5 per day or something crazy like that. I still need to work getting that closer to 1.0 per day... that's my next goal. And to make those units more in wine and less in beer.