Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Used by UZED.

Note: I wrote this entry a while ago and never posted it because I didn't want to shoot myself in the foot and never get my money. Yesterday (six months after this all started) I got a check from the company. I believe UZED.com has gone out of business, and I am glad they are doing the right thing and paying up. But let this be a lesson about doing some research on unknown companies before doing business with them.

I always see those television news stories about how elderly people get scammed... like the stories about people winning an international lottery but to get it they need to send thousands of dollars to some random place in Africa to pay for the taxes. I always feel bad for those people for being so gullible. Couldn't they see it was a scam?

I got scammed by UZED.com. UZED.com is an online site where you can sell your used CDs and DVDs and they will send you money for them. The past few months I've been writing on this blog about selling half of my CD and DVD collection to slim down, and also to pay debt... so I decided to send some of my things to UZED.com - the things local shops were not interested in buying. UZED.com collected my shipment and never paid. NEVER. It's been several months since they received and accepted my shipment and they have not paid me, and they have not replied to one single email or phone call. They owe me over $300 - which is a lot of money to me.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but they were unsuccessful in contacting the company. Through the BBB I found out that numerous complaints have been filed against this UZED.com company. The BBB can only assist in trying to contact the company, they are not a collections company, and they do not take legal action.

I wish I could file a lawsuit against UZED.com so I could get my $300... or at least my CDs and DVDs back - but I don't have the money to do that. So I am writing here to let some people know NOT to send their things to UZED.com. It's a scam. They are an evil company who took advantage of me.

Again... I'd like to say I finally did get my money. Their website said 10 business days, and it took me six months to get paid. I am going to use the money and buy a new mp3 player. So a happy ending, and a lesson learned.