Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sick Movies.

Being sick and staying at home is a good time for the first day... maybe two days. But after that all I want to do is get outside and actually (gasp!) go to work. The longer away from work... the more catch-up work there is waiting for my return. But going to work sick is just not a smart idea, especially during the first few days of a cold or flu.

When I am sick (which is not often, maybe once a year) I look forward to laying on the couch, with both cats, wrapped in a blanket or two, and watching two movies:

The Goonies (1985)
The Princess Bride (1987)

With these movies it doesn't matter if I fall asleep for part of the movie, or all of it - I have seen them so many times I practically know every line in each. They are both fun feel-good films that help me not think about my aches and sneezing. Both also make me feel like a little kid... probably since I was a kid when these came out. And the Princess Bride is actually about a grandfather reading a book to his sick grandson, so that make it a perfect sick movie.

So what are your sick movies?

BTW: I will be playing catch up the next few days on reading your blogs... my reading attention span has been about zero this week.