Monday, March 26, 2007

Back With An Old Love.

Friday night at the Civic Opera House, during the first intermission of the ballet, I was involved with an incredibly intense and highly intelligent conversation that involved the admiration of peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Which is better: peanut butter with... honey or jelly?

Side note: I do not recommend buying the peanut butter & honey mix (as pictured)... it just sounds wrong.

My vote is honey. Golden, sweet, sticky, and glorious honey. It is the way I ate my peanut better sandwiches for a long time, but then they left my life. Not sure why. I just stopped eating peanut butter sandwiches all together. Thinking back, I think I left them at the graduation ceremony of college. And as years went by I just completely forgot about them... not even an occasional dream.

Suring the second two acts of Romeo & Juliet Friday evening my brain thinking over and over "Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich... Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich...Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich..."

Saturday afternoon found me making a couple delicious sandwiches. Sunday found me making a couple more. And today for my work lunch I left my little buddies home... but I cannot stop thinking about going and getting a couple PB&H sandwiches.