Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Things To Do (before 2007).

With thirteen days left in 2006, these are some of the things I wish to accomplish before 2007:

1. Learn to play the guitar. I just purchased a how-to DVD and Book, so I need to pull out my guitar and figure out how to play it. I think I remember where my guitar is.

2. Come up with a plan to get to Tucson, AZ for the White Sox Spring Training. The White Sox are playing the Giants on March 21. Must get there!

3. Get over my fears of flying. Especially since I am flying to San Francisco this weekend.

4. Get rid of the cat pee smell. Ok, I have not smelled it in over a week... but I am worried it will come back. Although it now my desk smells like coffee since I just spilled my coffee all over it... shit!

5. Find a good hors d'oeuvre to make for Christmas Eve. ...so my family does not stick me with the regular stuffed mushrooms. My family thinks I'm a complete moron when it comes to the kitchen, so when it comes to Christmas Eve I am usually in charge of stuffed mushrooms or cutting cheese in the squares... while the rest of the family is making things that light on fire and uses ingredients no one has ever heard of.

6. Find Lori Mocha some help, friends, reasons for human interaction, or maybe a book deal for her comics.

7. Get more sleep. I've been tired lately.

8. Be more active. See #9.

9. Lose ten pounds. I don't want my mom to think since I moved to the Midwest I got fat. Technically, I have not gained any weight since moving to Chicago... but I can always shed ten pounds.

10. Find out where to get Leberkäse. I am completely addicted to this spam sandwich at the Christkindlmarket. And the market leaves on Christmas Eve. Maybe if I stopped eating them I could lose ten pounds.

11. Try to insert more good albums into my Top 10+10 list. What about The Raconteurs, Built to Spill, Eagles of Death Metal, Mojave 3, Sonic Youth, Scott Walker, Futureheads, Justin Timberlake, Yo La Tengo...?

12. Come up with a plan not to get lice from my sister's children. Only one kid has them, but we are supposed to spend Christmas, or Christmas Eve there. I'm thinking about wearing a shower cap.