Thursday, December 21, 2006

Things To Do (before 2007): Update

With only 11 days left in 2006 I am realizing my list is going to be tough to accomplish. Not impossible, but probably impossible for me since I am a slacker at the end of the year. Here is an update on some of my goals...

1. Learn to play the guitar. Yesterday was day #1 of lessons. After realizing that my fingers in no way will cooperate with my brain, or the instructor (the man on the dvd I am watching), it is highly unlikely I will be playing "Auld Lang Syne" on New Year's Eve. So I am supposed to do some finger exercises on the guitar until my fingers work right... maybe by 2008. Crap!

3. Get over my fears of flying. Any one have drugs?

5. Find a good hor d'oeuvre to make for Christmas Eve. LP and I were at a Christmas party last night and the host's younger sister made stuffed mushrooms. She was so proud of them, and put a nice little twist on the standard recipe... and they were good. So making stuffed mushrooms is not all that bad. Is it?

6. Find Lori Mocha some help... I'm still working on this. Hopefully Santa will fulfill Lori's wish and she'll be so sedated she'll forget about my goal #6. Or, I'm going to call Tyra up and get Lori Mocha on that show. You all need to step off of Tyra. She is all that and a bag of chips.

7. Get more sleep. Been doing good on this, but I'm still sleepy. Crap!

8. Be more active. I stood up at the party last night... every time I needed a refill or another stuffed mushroom. LP and I can be such wallflowers around people we don't know. I ended up petting one of the fat kitties there... and occasionally saying things like, "uh, hi!" and "yeah". One of our good friends could not make it since her grandmother died (what a crappy way to spend Christmas, sniff sniff), and the hostess (our other friend) was way past drunk that it was pointless conversing with her... although she did tell us all the story of when she got thrown in jail for having a car full of drugs. I love drunk people!

9. Lose ten pounds. I guess all the beer, cheese, and stuffed mushrooms are not helping. Crap!

12. Come up with a plan not to get lice from my sister's children. I think I have accomplished this goal! I called my mom last night and told her we need to move Christmas Eve to my parent's house. I also mentioned that we should tent my sister's house... but somehow I don't think that will be done. I am still thinking about wearing the shower cap.

Today's entry has been brought to you by the letters: C, R, A, and P.