Thursday, December 07, 2006

Glad I Don't Live In The Midwest.

Completely random ramblings...
I'm getting old. Last night LP and I went out with the crew (yes, the crew... we're in a kick-ass gang. we actually started the initiation process last night for Richard. he's pretty tough... I think he'll make it. and Cherry has his back... but all of that's a story for another day...) for a couple drinks to just get out of the house and see Richard who just got into town a few days ago. I was yawning the entire time. I kept thinking to myself "Wow, two beers seems a lot for a Wednesday night. Wondering when we're going home so I can sleep." And then this morning I could not get out of bed... I just wanted to keep sleeping. At least I had a -10 wind chill on my walk to work to wake my ass up.

LP was taking to my mom on the phone the other night... and my mom told her all about how she was glad she did not live in the Midwest. It was not about the weather or about the ocean or the mountains... She told LP that people in the Midwest do not have their priorities straight. She went on about how Midwesterns are just not right. Midwesterns make lots of money and spend it all on big houses. Uh... and LP and I live where... yep, Chicago - in the Midwest. And we rent. Thanks Mom. We feel really warm and fuzzy now.

My desk at work smells like pee. Cat pee. Some kind of animal pee spray smell... but I am sure it's cat pee. AND IT'S DRIVING ME UP THE WALL. I am a total neat freak. I clean my desk all the time. I wash my hands probably way too often. And for the past month every so often I get this hint of pee. Where can this smell be? I have washed everything. It's not my chair. It's not me. This morning I thought I figured it out... I though it was my iBook... but no. There are times when I think I am getting close and I'll be sniffing my desk... I look like I am snorting lines. WHERE ARE YOU PEE SMELL... and why are you around? Why does my desk smell like cat pee? How can I make it go away? We do have an office dog... but I am pretty sure she does not shoot out cat pee. Will made a suggestion last night that maybe this is a precursor to something like a brain hemorrhage or comma. Geee... what a nice thought. My last memory before I drop dead (at work) is cat pee. That sucks.

And a big BOOOOOOOOOOO for the White Sox trading Freddie Gracia.