Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Low Christmas, Part 2 (Tone Deaf).

Last night on my drive to pick up LP from class I listened to Mariah Carey's "Merry Christmas" album. I always take two CDs for my trip, and usually listen to the guilty pleasure on the drive to pick up LP... then I listen to the more sensible choice (less embarrassing) on the trip home.

As I was singing (yelling) along, matching Mariah note for note (in my head) it once again dawned upon me what an amazing album she made. It truly is a classic. The gospel choir adds so much to the recording... and in the pop/rock world gospel choirs and string arrangements are usually added when everyone has run out of ideas. "All I Want For Christmas Is You" is a fantastic song. It's has a bubbly fun to it that reminds me of the Beach Boys. And some may not call it a Christmas carol, I do... since you can sing along (or pretend to) to it. It is truly a Christmas album, not a Season album, or a Holiday album. It is Christmas through and through.

As I drove up and saw LP walking up to the car... I quickly pushed play on disc 2... the Low "Christmas" album.