Thursday, November 09, 2006

Yea for Green Card!

Since lately I've been disclosing some rather personal info on this blog... I figured I'd role right along and embarrass myself just a little more. I love the movie Green Card. This 1990 classic (can it be a classic if it's only 16 years old?) starring Andie MacDowell and Gerard Depardieu sets the bar for romantic comedies, and is truly unlike many others. Of course it is not as good as You Got Mail, Must Love Dogs, or Notting Hill (best movie ever)... but Green Card is pretty fantastic. Some may say it has dated poorly, but I would disagree. It seems to be on TV weekly, so I challenge you to sit down a watch it... unless you are terrified you will side with me. Hopefully when Richard gets here we can have a Green Card party and get smashed and watch Green Card!

Other random notes for this Thursday...
  • The new Joanna Newsome album "Ys" sounds like a Bjork version of Peter & the Wolf. That is not necessarily a bad thing... but that statement should get my cool-hip-indie-rock card taken away (which I am surprised did not happen when I announced that Deerhoof is terrible).
  • As get older I keep meeting more and more Scorpios. This is a good thing.
  • Jamiroquai's greatest hits album came out this week and I have yet to pick it up.
  • If you don't vote you should not complain about the government. You did not try to fix it by voting... so stop your bitching.