Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wednesday: Random Notes.

Some random notes...

1. The first track on the new Lady Sovereign album is the crusher. "9 To 5" is an over the top track that clearly points out the Lady Sovereign is not another M.I.A. - and will not give you a headache from listening to her. I know I'll get slack for that... but all of the M.I.A. tracks sound the same. She needs a better producer.

2. The rebuttal given for a Heineken (beer in green bottle) in Amsterdam is not bad... it might even be a good comeback to the Green Bottle Rule - except, if you are in Amsterdam, why the hell are you drinking Heineken in a bottle? And... Heineken still sucks. It's in a green bottle. And Rolling Rock blows too.

3. I was opposed to the idea of this Beatles remix album that is coming out in a couple weeks... but I am changing my point of view. I have heard some of the LOVE record and must say it's a pretty intriguing listen. From what I've read, the only remixers are George Martin and his son. The only added sounds are sounds recorded by the Beatles. So it is Beatles songs that have been layered with more sounds. But I still think Cirque du Soleil is weak... and a waste of money.

4. Smokin' Woody's on the Northside made me still have hope that there is good BBQ in Chicago. Nice call Jason.

5. And for those of you who have been waiting... I still intend to post pictures from last weekend's trip to Medieval Times. Yes, I did say Medieval Times.