Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving Flicks.

This morning on MSNBC.com I read an article about their Top 5 Thanksgiving Movies. So before I even started reading a few great movies popped into my head... Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Dutch, Home For The Holidays, Son-In-Law, and of course A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

None of these movies made it into their Top 5. None. Instead they picked movies like
Giant, Alice's Restaurant, and Brokeback Mountain. Brokeback Mountain? I thought Thanksgiving movies were:
1. About Thanksgiving, or centered around the Thanksgiving holiday.
2. A good, lighthearted movie to watch with family and friends after eating way too much.

Brokeback Mountain? Alice's Restaurant? I can kind of understand Giant... since it's a long-ass 1950's western... which means you will be asleep in a few minutes letting all the calories you have just inhaled to race to your ass. Who the hell is going to watch any of MSNBC's Top 5 movies this Thursday?