Friday, November 10, 2006

Can You Come Out And Play?

I got an Evite this week from a girl on my summer softball team. It's her birthday, and she is having people get together at Joe's Bar for an night of drinks. It was really nice of her to invite me... although it's not my crowd. Joe's is a little too frat boy for my tastes (I believe they have a mechanical bull)... but to go for a birthday party it might be fun. The thing that is stopping me from attending is the image that was used on the Evite - it was a definite sign that this is not a party for me. As you can see it's a little... slutty. A toon "hottie" with the words "Can You Come Out And Play" is a little trampy for my tastes. It's a little too Brats. And maybe if I were single and 21 I might attend (probably not). So since it's my birthday weekend too, I don't think I want to kick it off with Joe's crap-ass-bull-riding bar. I'll kick it off by going to see some bands at the Beat Kitchen and Subterranean.