Friday, September 14, 2007

Xbox I Need You.

Right now on the top of my want list is the Xbox 360. Yep. It might be the most awesome-ist electronic toy to ever exist... and I have this strong need (not desire, but need) to own it.

Keep these things in mind:
1. I own a crappy TV that I am not sure is even stereo. So I'll need to pick up a high-def TV at the same time.
2. I have never liked video games... because I suck at them (yes, I even suck at that Guitar Hero game). My parents were not too keen on me playing them when I was a kid so I had to go outside and run around or play with Legos. I was never the coolest kid in school because I sucked at video games, BUT I never got fat, and I was the first boy to make out with a girl in the 6th grade... so that made me cool for like a day. I think I was also the second boy to kiss a girl too. BTW, the first girl I kissed became a nun. Really. I wanted to make out with a third girl but never did... and then years later she told me that she wish we would of made out, but it was too late. Crap!
3. I've never played with an Xbox. I've never even seen one.
4. I really don't have the money to buy a new TV and Xbox.
5. LP might kill me if I did... she wants new earrings.

So then, where is all of this coming from? When I was in Portland I was at this shin-dig and my friend TK, who I had not seen in a couple of years, started talking about his new Xbox. He was so excited about it I could not help but jump on the bandwagon and get excited too. It sounded better than drugs. It sounded better than snuggling with twenty dogs, twenty cats, five rabbits, and one llama. The way he described this Xbox thing... it was basically the electronic gadget that is here to save the world. I want to be saved electronically... even if it is by Microsoft. I want to be down. I want to learn to love an Xbox.