Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tuesday: Random Notes.

Just some random things I was thinking about on my walk to work this morning:

1. Lots of houses on the way to work are decorated with Halloween props. Ghosts, goblins, spiders, tombstones, and even two pumpkins made in to Mr & Mrs Potato Head. But the strangest house I passed had two pumpkins and a 12 pack of Diet Coke on each step of the stairs leading to the front door... about 12 steps in all. WTF?

2. I bash the Yankees often on my blog, but I would like to point out that my friend Jason is a true baseball fan, and a true Yankees fan (although living in Chicago for more than 5 years he needs to move on). Jason is a good sport and can laugh with the rest of the world when the Yankees choke. Sure he is bummed out by the loss, but he also shows that the best part of being a fan is the game of baseball. I wish more Yankees fans were true baseball fans... maybe a large chunk of them would cheer for the teams closest to where they live. But like most sports people just jump on the bandwagon for the winning team.

3. On last night's episode of How I Met Your Mother, they used a song from the first Decemberists' album. I know the Decemberists are getting pretty popular, but I remember seeing them in Portland before their first record came out on Hush. It was really cool to see TV people are catching on as well.

4. Last night was another new episode of The Class, and it was alright... but the ending really threw me for a loop.