Sunday, October 15, 2006

House Guests.

Since Thursday, LP and I have been hosting two house guests. A cousin from Tennessee, and her college friend who happens to be an exchange student from Austria. They are really nice... typical teenage college students. They are in Chicago to see the sites and have some fun. Not loud. Not drinkers. Not obnoxious.

Not sure why... but I am always a big ball of stress when we have house guests. Every time. I think it's mostly due to the fact I am very anal retentive. When people are on vacation / traveling they tend to not be so neat (especially college students and band members). I hate when my house is messy. It completely drives me up the wall and that in turn makes me stress out which makes me grumpy. I know life is too short to be grumpy and stressed over house guests' mess - but I cannot ever seem to get over it. And I have no clue why I cannot get over it.

I am writing about this today so maybe it will help me get over it. Realistically, one of my family members will read it and come visit and be so over the top messy on purpose just to watch me flip out.