Friday, May 30, 2008

Half Way There.

1. A vacation to the Bahamas! LP and I need to get away.
2. Bay Area! We are moving from the Windy City.
3. A new job for the Niner!
4. Born Again! Because being born once is never enough.
5. Yuma, Arizona will finally get to meet the Niner... because we are going there for a wedding over Labor Day Weekend.

Today marks the half way point... week number 20. Yep, LP is going to have a little Niner or little LP. Next week we'll find out (hopefully, if someone opens their little legs) if it's a little Niner or a little LP. One physician the LP knows asked if we knew yet if we were having a hot dog or a bun. Classic.

So life is going to change... in a major way. We are doing everything we can to prepare for it all with lots of reading, and soon some classes to teach us the 101 of being a parent. Simultaneously we are overjoyed and freaked out. With no family anywhere near us we are going to do this by ourselves. That in itself is going to be a challenge but my parents did it with no family near by. And hopefully by the time he or she pops out I'll have a new job... because it's looking like I won't have my job due to some downsizing (people are downloading, not buying CDs).

So how will we do it? Day by day. One thing at a time. Lots of sacrifice. This is going to be the best change in my life... and I cannot wait. I'll be a Dad.