Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Arctic.

I love the winter. I delight in the snow and the cold temperatures. I've written about this many times. And I totally understand it's partialy because of two major reasons:

1. I grew up in California without snow, so I am not sick of it.
2. I do not have to commute/drive in it so I don't get so stressed about it.

This is the first winter that is starting to push my buttons a little. The problem is that we have been getting so much snow (45 inches this year / 13 last year) and that leaves less time for bright blue sunny days. It's the overcast days that get to me... and all the ice on the ground. This morning I slid about two feet and was shocked I did not fall on my butt. I am fine with it being ten degrees outside, as long as the sun is shining.

I will be happy when Spring is here. Hopefully this Spring is not like most Chicago Springs (baseball games with snow).