Monday, February 18, 2008

Accomplishment.

I have written from time to time my lack of being a strong reader. Yes, I know how to read- and I read every day (at least the newspaper and all the crap at work). But I am not one of those people who can just sit down and read a book from cover to cover. Harry Potter books take me months. It's also very hard for me to sit still for that long... I am not one to go to a double feature. To read a book you need to be able to just sit down and read. It is a tough challange for me. So reading twenty pages here, ten pages there... well getting through a book takes a long time, and it is easy to lose interest.
This book (Love is a Mix Tape) that inspired my last week's post is in the finished pile for me. It is the first book I read is two sittings. Ever. I read about forty pages two weekends ago, and then yesterday I sat on the couch and finished it. Sure it's only about 220 pages long - but I was completely absorbed with. LP was impressed.

Yea for an good personal accomplishment, and yea for a good book.