Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Mike Sanders.

Last night I was out drinking with some friends in the Loop. There is a music convention in town so there were tons of schmoozy people out and about. The nice part was free drinks (and yes I did write down how many I had... and no, I'm not going to tell you).

When I got home Late Night with Conan O'Brien was on so I sat on the couch, inhaled some water (yes, I counted those too), and ate some left-overs that were in the refrigerator. I rarely watch Conan since it's on when I am sleeping. This week the show is taping in San Francisco, and to remind you... I was born in the Bay Area so it had my interest. Well something crazy happened. One of my best friends in high school was on the show. There was a segment where Conan goes to George Lucas' Industrial Light & Magic, and I know that Mike Sanders has worked there a while so I was curious to see if he would be in the segment. And the BAM! He was. He did this whole part with Conan were he made Conan put on this techy-space-suit and he was able to animate characters on this huge screen just be moving his body. It was classic! I have not seen Mike in years, but I'd like to say... Way to go Mike Sanders!

I fell asleep on the couch soon after that. I woke up at 3:30am... and I was wide awake. I turned on the TV and I really could not stop thinking about Mike Sanders being on Conan. It was not so much that he was on Conan... it was more that he has a solid career doing something pretty fantastic. Not me. My career is non-existent. I just have a job. I would not call it a career. I really want to get a career... but it does not seem to be in the cards for me lately. I fell back asleep and woke up this morning still a little bummed out.