Friday, February 02, 2007

Punxsutawney, It's Cold Outside!

Happy Groundhogs Day All! So Spring is right around the corner... uh, tell that to my frozen toes (and I am wearing double socks today). But I will admit I love Groundhog's Day. It's just a fun tradition in the middle of the winter... and I am a sucker for the very repetitive movie as well.

I wish Al Gore was making a trip to Chicago this weekend... that would be classic. I'd love to see Al trying to stand outside in the -10 degrees with -30 windchill trying to talk about global warming... trying to talk at all. His mouth would start to freeze just like Clark W Griswold's. This is the coldest February in Chicago in 30 years. I hope Punxsutawney Phil is right this year!

* Poor Punxsutawney Phil is only right 38% of the time.
* I do believe there is something strange about the world's climate these days, but I just like to poke fun at Al.