Monday, April 10, 2006

Tongue Tied.

This past weekend I went on a shopping adventure with LP and Will on the MagMile. The end result was me purchasing a fantastic new suit (with an English Cut Jacket... I just learned that term so I should use it). Now I am not one who owns tons of suits, this is only the third suit I've ever purchased, so for me the experience is half of the fun. This experience was classic. The sales associate (or whatever they are called these days) approached me to explain all about the different types of suits, cuts, fabrics, styles, blah...blah...blah. I was taken back since his speech was hard to understand and I soon came to the conclusion that he was hard-of-hearing. After a few more minutes I realized my first conclusion was wrong when I discovered Mr. Young Hip sales associate had his tongue pierced. Wow. I am sure Mr. Young Hip's significant other adores his little tongue spike, but the kid was so hard to understand it was to the point of being laughable. Not sure if this made me feel old or square, but I was a little surprised since way back (the 90's) when I had a retail job, men were not even allowed to have earrings larger than studs. But I am sure cool and hip goes farther these days. And I did end up buying the suit, so Mr. Young Hip Tongue Tied did get his commission. Plus, I did learn that the English Cut Jacket always covers your butt, even when you put your hands in your pockets.