Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Good use of time.

I have enrolled in the Project Management certificate program at Loyola University Chicago.  Time to do more than just applying, networking and volunteering.  Adding education is the logical next step... and since I cannot start another degree program until after LP completes her Masters, I can at least do a certificate program.

It's been a while since I finished my degree.  I have plenty of work experience as a PM, but instead of getting rusty, I can put my brain to work and learn about some current concepts in the field.  I will get to share my ideas and receive feedback from other professionals in my class.  I will get to see how others function in their industries - maybe even make a few contacts.

It's a good feeling to look forward to something... something that might involve a lot of work, but will have a satisfaction payoff well worth it.