Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The L.

This morning I rode the L for the first time since last summer... which last summer I rode it only once. Since becoming a dad I go out a lot less, which means less trips on the buses and L's in Chicago. I used to walk to work, so being unemployed has had little effect on me taking the CTA less.

The strange thing about being on the L this morning... my first thought was: I wonder if someone is going to blow this up?!

Hello? What did I eat for breakfast? I don't even tend to think in that morbid way, but this morning my mind was fixed on some wacko blowing up my train. Such a positive way to begin the day. So I thought about it for a while and came to the realization that no one would blow up the Brown Line since it is an L.... they would most likely target the Red or Blue Lines since parts of those lines are subway. And that made me not worry anymore.

I believe that I left the house without my brain today since my logic was completely absent.