Monday, August 11, 2008

Bummer of a weekend.

As you know (because if you don't, maybe you should be keeping up with current events a little better), this past weekend the world lost two great entertainers.  Isaac Hayes and Bernie Mac both passed away way too early.  So I thought today I would share with you my amazing stories about meeting both of these great men.

Isaac Hayes:
It was in the late 1990's (maybe 1999) that I boarded a plane from NYC to Memphis when passing through the first class cabin I spotted Isaac Hayes sitting in one of the seats.  I looked him right in the eye and blurted out, "Black Moses!"  He just smiled at me and replied in his deep soulful voice, "Alright."  I was a little worried the plane would crash since there was someone famous on it, but it didn't.

Bernie Mac:
Okay, I never met the man.  But there was one episode of the Bernie Mac Show where his nephew Jordon tries to get involved with a sport and picks ribbon twirling in gymnastics.  It was an extremely funny episode.