Monday, July 21, 2008

Pitchfork: Signs I Might Be Getting Old.

Sebadoh performing Bubble And Scrape.

This past weekend in Chicago was the Pitchfork Music Festival. Three days of mostly indie rock for the great price of $65 (unlike Lollapalooza which is $215 for 3 days). It was a good time for most, but I did realize I might be getting old. Here is some proof:

1. Did not stay to the end of of the show Friday night. Friday night was just three bands (Mission of Burma, Sebadoh, Public Enemy) and ended at 10pm. I was kind of tired. And LP's feet were swelling up.
2. Since it rained all Friday night and Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon I decided that I would just skip all of day number two. I did not want to deal with mud and humidity.
3. On Sunday I made it through five songs of Apples in Stereo (who were fantastic) before I needed to get out of the sun and find some water.
4. I was sweating so much I looked like an old man.
5. When seeing person after person in New Wave fashion I kept saying "I lived through that once already."
6. I left early on Sunday too missing the three headliners.
7. I think I was most excited about getting a couple $5 off coupons for Whole Foods.

Highlights:  Mission of Burma, Apples in Stereo, King Kahn, Les Savy Fav, The Dodos.