Wednesday, October 07, 2009

One year near.

One year of being unemployed is getting closer and closer. No leads. No interviews. And all I can think of is that my unemployment checks will end in December. I cannot throw my son the 1st birthday party I wanted to. Our savings is getting smaller each month which means and dreams of buying a house are more and more out of reach. We cannot afford to move... and if I cannot find a job in Chicago where can I?

I just do not know how to get a job. I've tried everything, but nothing seems to work. Recruiters don't want me. My project management skills in the music industry don't seem to be a big selling point. Going to school is not an option since I cannot afford childcare. I dread the idea of working the overnight shift at the supermarket but that is what it's looking like so I can watch Miles during the day.

Being unemployed can really make you feel worthless.