Saturday, September 23, 2006

Soundtrack of my day.

At the end of my Friday I got home, picked up the mail, and opened a piece of mail I had been waiting for. I was crushed when I read it over and realized the letter contained crappy news. Full on shitty news. Sniff Sniff. Boo Hoo. Et cetera. Et cetera. To add to the lovely event, it was dark and stormy weather outside (to enhance the experience)... not to mention how awful the White Sox had been playing this past week (the nail in the coffin).

LP and I decided to skip our last Sox game of the season partially since it looked like it would rain out, and partially because I was blue (so blue I was almost purple). Not wanting to go out to eat we went to the grocery store to pick up some things (green beans, candy, wine, and beer... don't ask). We walked into the store and what song is blasting... yes, that's right: "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. Nothing like a little salt on the wounds.