Monday, September 25, 2006

Daley's small key / Jackass 2.


The most amusing story I read this past weekend was the one about Tom Petty receiving the key to the city in his hometown of Gainesville, FL. After Gainesville Mayor Pegeen Hanrahan presented each band member with a key to the city and proclaimed Sept. 21 as "Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Day, " Petty announced "It's a lot nicer than the one we got in Chicago." Ouch. I guess Petty was trying to give props to his hometown and make them feel good for a day... especially since he has not played there in over thirteen years. Poor Chicago... getting dumped on again.

On a completely different subject... Jackass 2 was the number one movie this past weekend ($28.1 million) AND it received a review of two thumbs up. Crazy indeed. I wish Aussie Richard was in Chicago... I am sure he would be game to go see that with me.