Friday, September 22, 2006

Just a part time hooker.

I've been trying to get away from my desk at lunch and take a break from staring at the computer screen. Since I always bring my lunch to work I have started spending my lunch break in the office "family room" area. There are couches, tables, and a TV. The office is pretty loud, so I just cannot focus enough to read, so I have been turning on the television for thirty minutes. My show of choice this past week has been Maury.

During a commercial break on Maury yesterday I flipped a channel back and noticed Jerry Springer was on (the lowest in low of all media). A guest on Springer was telling her husband/boyfriend/whatever that she had been working as a prostitute. Crazy. I happened to say out loud (sort of to the television) "That is the last thing I would ever do... date a prostitute." One of the interns happened to hear me and replied "I have." What? He went on to tell me that he had dated a few, but it was ok since they were only "part-time hookers." Hello what? Maybe it's because he is from Las Vegas... maybe that is a common practice there.

How has this conversation changed my life? I now will be covering the toilet seat in the office with a full roll of paper towel and then a couple sheets of tin foil just to be safe.