Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Yesterday, This Morning, Today.

Yesterday... I was invited to attend a lunch/talk at the Union League Club in the Loop. I was told I had to wear a suit for the lunch, which was alright since I rarely have a reason to wear one of my suits (usually just at weddings & funerals), and with it being so cold the more layers - the better. The Union Club is Swanky. For two hours I felt like I was part of old Chicago society. I was one of the elite. I was rubbing elbows with some of the most powerful people in Chicago (although they were not talking to me... and when I was near a conversation I kept thinking about Bridget Jones saying "Do you... Do you know... where the toilets are?"). I was looking around for Randolph & Mortimer Duke, but I only caught a glimpse of some look-a-likes. After the lunch everyone headed for their cabs & cars... while I headed to the Brown Line.

This Morning... it was 9 degrees! Such a warm up from yesterday morning's 6 degrees. But this morning on my way to work I had a snotty runny nose. So with it being 9 degrees the goo froze and every time I breathed in through my nose it would start to peel the frozen snot from the inside of my nose, simultaneously ripping out my nose hairs. Ouch! Also, when it gets under 15 degrees my eye tend to water... so tears are running down my face, and freezing. I pulled out my handkerchief to wipe my face, forgetting I blew my nose in it a few minutes earlier, and proceeded to wipe snot all over my face... which froze. The expressions of the faces of people walking by me said it all. I looked like a snot popsicle.

Today... Beerfest comes out on DVD!!!