Monday, August 29, 2011

Get over it.

I am trying to learn a life lesson... Get over it.  We all know that hindsight is 20/20 (if you did not know that - well, it is), but reflecting on bad decisions is so easy to do.  Being unemployed, I have too much time to ponder.  And we all know unemployed pondering never leads to good things (if you did not know that - well, it doesn't).  

The past few days I have seen some updates by Facebook friends that let people know what they are doing in their careers.  Exciting things.  Creative things.  Things that probably make them a ton of money (which is not everything, but it helps with financial security).  It's hard to not think that I made some poor choices when it came to my career.  I have this great resume that no one seems to care about because the companies I have worked for were small, and the college I attended was a State school.

I need to get over it.  I need to focus on the positive.  I need to not reflect on other people's gains, and instead focus on the bright spots in my life.  I need to remember this.  But, it's so hard to do some days.