Wednesday, December 05, 2007

First Real Snow.

It's that time of the year... my favorite time. Snow time. I absolutely love the snow for so many reasons. Last night I sat on the couch and watched The Bells of St Mary, drank some excellent wine, and watched the snow pile up outside.

Snow time seems to be a good time to sit still (after snow angles, of course)... if only we had a fire place. It's a good time to unwind and think about life. I've been thinking (maybe over analyzing) about my career and my struggle for a new job lately. It seems like the only thing on my mind, which neglects other parts of it. It has been weighting me down. Sitting on the couch last night, and also my enjoyable walk this morning, I could not help but think that it has been almost three weeks since my interview at the firm. Not a good sign at all. After three weeks usually comes another and then in the mail is a letter letting me know how much they enjoyed meeting me, and how well qualified I am, and how they really could not fit me in. I kind of wish they would just say "You Suck." It might be easier. But the snow falling helped me see how lucky I am. I've been so busy at work this week I have had no time to blog. I have a job. I have so much.

I had breakfast with a friend of mine this week that does not believe in things happening for a reason. For example, if you meet a new friend - some may think there was a reason for it. Or if you get a new roomate and the two of you hit it off - maybe you just got lucky, or maybe there was a reason for it (fate?). It was an intriguing topic of conversation, something I never really thought about in depth. I quickly came the realization that I do believe things happen for a reason. Sure it's because of my faith, but it is also a calming way of looking at life. Not getting a second interview is the pits... but maybe it's not the right place for me. That's a difficult pill to swallow, but many people in this world face much more difficult challenges on a daily basis.

I am thankful for the snow for many reasons... and I cannot wait for the end of the day when I can go play in it some more.